These are the potholders I made for the Potholder Pass swap. My partner, or rather her boyfriend, requested less “girly” potholders. The theme for this swap was “spring,” and everything springy that I thought of had to do with flowers. So, I just went with her favorite colors (aqua and gray), and added this yellow print simply because I liked the color combination. The colors in the photos are a little off—nighttime photography.
I added some hand stitching as an accent, but the insul-bright is way too thick for actual hand-quilting, so it’s just for looks. I used an angular pattern for the real quilting in the middle, and I think it goes nicely with the wonky stripe design in the middle. Overall I’m quite happy with them. I even made an extra set for myself. Unfortunately, I haven’t sewed them up yet!
Since I’m writing this post so late, my partner has already received them, and her boyfriend was really happy about the more masculine potholders!