I’m participating in the current round of the Pillow Talk Swap, and this is what I have in the works for my partner so far. I had a hard time getting started and finding a direction, but this is what I’ve come up with. They look a bit rough around the edges at the moment, but once they’re trimmed up and sewn together, I think they’ll be just fine.
I originally planned to place them in an arrangement like this with some sort of a border around them. Now I’m considering narrow sashing, but I’ll probably sew them in pairs first and then decide. The fabric on the right is Essex Linen in Denim. I really love the colors next to it. This is a bad picture at night, but it really does look much better in person.
Most of the time I don’t have too much trouble mailing my projects off to my partners, but this pillow will be difficult to let go. I made up the feather paper piecing pattern. I would have loved to use Anna Maria Horner’s since the work is already done, but hers were too large, and I really needed them to fit just right, so I made very small ones. Each one is four inches by eight inches. The reason I hate to let this one go is that I’ll probably never put in the time and effort to make myself one. So, I’ll have to think about it. My partner was very easy going about the size. I have another feather idea running around my head, so I might try that one out, too, and then decide which pillow to send her. The deadline is coming up fast, though, so I may not have a choice anyway.
I’m also getting ready to make myself one of Noodlehead’s Super Totes. It would make a great diaper bag, and fabric bags are always good for the summer. I’ve loved this Echo Navy print by Lotta Jansdotter since it came out over a year ago. It’s been sitting on my shelf for a while awaiting the perfect project, and this might just be it. Normally I don’t use fabric from all one line in a single project, but these two look so good together, and I think they’d look great paired with some natural linen, so I’m going to go for it this time. I just need to pop over to Joann Fabrics for some interfacing since these are quilting cottons. I haven’t started cutting yet, but my pattern pieces are all taped together and ready to go.
Finally, I’m about 30 inches away from being finished with this quilt. I took it to my parents’ house with me over the weekend and got all the binding finished except the last corner. Hopefully I’ll get that finished soon so it can head over to its new home. Now that it’s almost done, I’m starting to like it better than I did at first. If it were mine, I still would have chosen to do a few things differently, but I think it’s pretty, and I think they’ll be happy with it, so that’s the important thing. Hopefully I’ll be able to post some finished pictures soon.
Lots of stuff going on this week—sewing and otherwise!